Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A blue day? Only in one respect

Here's a couple more Dragonfly shots that I forgot to share in my last post.  

The theme today is blue. It's a clear, blue sky outside, so today's dragonflies are blue as well. 

Remember the female Blue Dasher I shared yesterday? This is the male Blue Dasher below: 



Yep, they actually are blue! 




This blue dragon is a male Eastern Pondhawk. They're such a colorful species! The males being bright 
gray-blue and the females are lime green! 



What? You want a bird too? Ok, ok.... 
Here's a "blue bird" I photographed in Ecuador last year.
Kudos if you can ID it... ;) 



4 comments:

Mathieu W said...

May I participate aswell??? Cause I know the answer!

Chris W said...

By all means! :)

Cassy said...

Great shots of blue dragonfly and a bird.

Cassy from Guitar Made Easy

Mathieu W said...

Well I have seen that bird quite often, and it's quite easy for me therefore I asked...
It's a Golden-naped Tanager, a very cool bird