Sunday, June 29, 2008

First post of the trip

ok, I haven't posted for a long time. Since I posted last, I've been to the ABA's Young Birder's Conference in Minot ND. The five days I was there were really fun! I finally got to meet some people I've been wanting to meet, see some old friends and make some new friends. I got 6 lifers at YBC. Red-necked Grebe, Baird's Sparrow, Black-headed Grosbeak, Gray Partridge, Chestnut-collared Longspur and Ferruginous Hawk!!!! (More on all that later this summer)

Since then, I've been on vacation in the Canadian rockies. I've been birding in Banff, Jasper, Kootenay and a few other places.
Unfortunately, the late snow pack has foiled finding several of my target birds including a number of the winter finches and Golden-crowned Sparrow.

The below Harlequin Duck is one of the several target birds I did get though!!




That was such a good bird!!



He even let me get within about 15 feet of him!!!




Then, I got this Grey-crowned Rosy finch!!!!!!!



Sweet!!!!


Til next time, Happy birding!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Great pictures!! Sounds like a fun vacation so far. =)

Happy birding!

Andrea

a birder said...

Sounds like a great trip! Awesome pics of HADU! I'm jealous of your GCRF too.

Uppie, where and when on earth did you get a Gray Partridge?!?