Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rain

Birding lately has been tricky. With all the rain we've been having lately, all the birds have been hiding out. it's been raining since Thurs morning. Many of the rivers and streams are at or above flood stage. Some of the towns North and South of me will be completely flooded by tomorrow. Several places have received 5 or 6 inches at a time. At least 5 or 6 tornados hit in various places yesterday and baseball size hail was common. It's crazy.

Yesterday, I took advantage of a lull in the rain and headed over to Baxter's Hollow in search of a Worm-eating Warbler.
Once again, for the third time in a row, I dipped. I found just about everything else but the WEWA. Present were:
Canada Warbler
Winter Wren
Louisiana Waterthrush
Acadian Flycatcher
Cerulean Warbler
Black&White Warbler
Am Redstart
Blue-winged Warbler
Both Cuckoos
Hooded Warbler

Just no WEWAs. I can't believe it. It's not an easy bird to miss. I hope I can find time to get over there just once more. I really can't afford to miss the bird.... I'm running out of time though......

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Aww, too bad on the WEWA. :-( Maybe next time.

We could certainly use some of your rain down here though! Every afternoon it threatens to rain, but we only had a little thunderstorm on Thursday and that was all.

Hope your weather clears up soon!