Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Camp Chiricahua update

Camp Chiricahua has been fantastic!!! Dave Jasper is an awesome guide and Rob Day is an awesome cook!!!!!!!

I wish I had time right now to upload some pictures but I'm swamped.

Today, we headed back to Tuscon after spending 3 days at the San Pedro river inn. The highlights there were an Adult male Varied bunting, Gray Hawk, Gilded Flicker and Common Ground-dove!!!

On the way back to Tuscon today, we stopped at the fabled Madera Canyon. Our target birds were Rufus-winged Sparrow, Berylline Hummingbird and Flame-colored Tanager. (more on that later)

It's been quite a time down here. We've braved heat, wind, rain, cold, Scorpions, Tarantulas, Snakes and many other critters to find the many wonderful birds of southeast AZ.

I'm currently behind on posting and probably will be for some time. Hope I catch up soon.

Happy Birding!

No comments: