Thursday, September 6, 2007

I woke up this morning to cloudy, cool and threatening rain. I went birding anyway.
The trick to birding in inclement weather is rather than sit by your favorite birding spot and let the birds come to you (what I usually do on sunny days), you have to go find the birds. So I did.

I came up with 32 species for the morning and 10 warblers.
The warblers were as follows:
Blue-winged
Redstart
Magnolia
Bay-breasted
Black&White
Tennesee
Chestnut-sided
Blackburnian
C Yellowthroat
Wilson's

Once again, the following warblers failed to appear(apparently these aren't party birds) :
Nashville
Golden-winged
Cerulean
L Waterthrush
Yellow
Ovenbird
Black-throated Green
Connecticut
Mourning
Canada
(these are all warblers that have been reported in S WI in the past week)

I also found the following interesting species:
Wood Thrush
Blue-headed Vireo

The rest were a mix of summer and winter residents.

No comments: