Thursday, September 13, 2007

Olive-sided Flycatcher

If Milwaukee has all the hummers, I have all the Pewees. I had to sort through Pewees to find warblers this morning. I also have the only Robin in the state.
I found 43 species and 18 warblers this morning. The highlight was an Olive-sided Flycatcher.

Warblers:
CANADA
Cape May
Bay-breasted
N Parula
C Yellowthroat
Blackpoll
Redstart
Orange-crowned
Chestnut-sided
Nashville
Blackburnian
Magnolia
Tennesee
Black-throated Green
Wilson's
Black&White
Pine
Golden-winged

I also found the following species:
Red-headed Woodpecker
Gr Blue Heron
Cedar Waxwing
only 3 Ruby-throated Hummers
E Pewee
3 female Scarlet Tanagers
Swainson's Thrush (no Gray-cheeked thie morning)
OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER
White-throated Sparrow
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Br Thrasher

The temp in my valley was hovering around 33 degrees this morning. The birds were up and foraging well before sunrise.
I put my down comforter on yesterday and today, I didn't even take off my PJs. Don't you just love fall weather?
there were three Yellow-throated vireos this morning that rather closely resembled small yellow and white feather balls. I also found a flock of chickadees that looked rather like a flock of flying marshmallows. Anything to keep warm eh?

No comments: