Thursday, May 8, 2008

May birding

Well, birding in the month of May is hectic. Especially when all the warblers come in at once. Sorry I'm not posting very often. I'm out birding so much, I don't have time.

Since the last time I posted I've seen or heard the following warblers:
Nashville
Blue-winged
Golden-winged
Yellow
Black & White
Palm
Yellow-rumped
Tennessee
Am Redstart
Chestnut-sided

And this beautiful adult male Cape May Warbler:
href="http://web.mac.com/stoneageoutpost/RC_Birding/My_Albums/Pages/Cape_May_Warbler_%26_Lark_Sparrow.html">

Today, I also found 12 species of Sparrows.
Song
Vesper
Swamp
House
Lincoln's
Grasshopper
Lark
Chipping
Field
White-crowned
White-throated
Savannah

I went after a Harris's Sparrow at the Spring Green Preserve but dipped.

Anyway, tomorrow is Wyalusing SP!! I'm co-leading a Natural resources foundation field trip there! We should find the following species:
Kentucky, Yellow-throated and Cerulean Warblers
Acadian Flycatcher (maybe)
L Waterthrush (if it's not still flooded)
And hopefully a myriad of other migrants.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You sure have been seeing a lot of warblers and sparrows! :-) Very cool.

And good luck co-leading the fieldtrip. I hope it goes well and you see lots of new birds!

Happy birding!