Monday, November 10, 2008

Ok, I promise......

I'll try and post more often.

Here's a quick summary since the last time I posted something:

Went up to the Linwood Springs research station with the NRF trip and learned about Saw-whet Owl banding. Got so see how they did it, and got to hold and release an Owl.

Went up to the La Crosse area and then to Trempealeau NWR in search of waterfowl. Saw thousands and thousands of ducks, geese, swans, ect. Am Wigeon, Gadwall, Coots, Green-winged Teal, Blue-winged Teal, N Shoveler, Pintail, C Goldeneye, Canvasback, Redhead, Ring-necked, Tundra and Trumpeter Swans, Canada Geese, Mallards, Am White Pelicans, Bald Eagles.

Other than that, not too much. I'll post some pictures later. I actually did try and post some pics here. I really did. But every time I did (over the last few days, I'd get distracted waiting for them to upload and not finish, or the computer would suddenly close the browser or I'd have to restart the computer for something so it didn't work out this time.

This last week, I heard some flyover Pine Siskins a couple times. I have Purple Finches at my feeder (like I do every winter) and the winter boreal bird invasion is on. There have been a bunch of Snowy Owl reports throughout both WI and MN and MN has had 4 N Hawk-owl reports. They have also been banding Boreal Owls at a few stations. This should be a fun winter. Some friends and I are thinking of doing a N WI trip for boreals. Hopefully that will pull through.

Til tomorrow, Happy Birding!

No comments: